Friday 26 March 2010

Vis-mig

Another cracking spring day and, while working from home, I was very fortunate to see an Osprey drift slowly north over Copenhagen city centre in the company of a single Common Buzzard and a Sparrowhawk. Bonus! Later in the afternoon I spent 2 hours at Sydhavnstippen and scored with another Osprey (see photo) and a British Pied Wagtail (pretty scarce here and my first in Denmark). It had a jet black nape, back and rump and was consorting with a typical continental White Wagtail. Unfortunately it didn't hang around and about 20 seconds after I saw it, if flew off strongly north with its partner. 21 Little Grebes together in a huddle just off the harbour was the biggest group I have seen together...

Photos: Osprey and a diving Little Grebe


1 comment:

Bamboofish, Hiromi said...

Hello, I am Hiromi of Bamboofish. I can look many ospreys. I love them. My partner and I call them "white queen".
Some kinds of hawks have been increasing their numbers in my place, osprey, kestrel, buzzard and goshawk.

Cherry blossoms will bloom full in this weekend, I am very looking forward to!