Monday 19 November 2007

Waxwings and other randomness

































This week has been cold (ish) and pretty murky but dry. It gets dark at about 4pm so a cloudy day almost feels like it doesn't quite get light. Nevertheless, this hasn't deterred your intrepid birder correspondent, although I have to admit I only made it out for two hours over the weekend. Highlight was a group of Waxwings and a pair of Hawfinches. But the major news to report, belatedly, was the relief at sighting a female BULLFINCH at Kongelunden last weekend. Yes, it is true, Bullfinches do exist in Denmark. Picked up on call (showing off now), a lone female was sitting in a bare hawthorn giving her soft whistling 'peep' call when I arrived at the fort. Unfortunately she didn't hang around long enough for me to provide photographic evidence but you all trust me, don't you?

This week I have mostly been eating rye bread with sild (pickled herring).

No comments: