Sunday 4 November 2007

Brrr.....

Yes, it's definitely getting a bit parky here with temperatures down to 6 degs yesterday (with the ferocious NW wind it felt like -16, believe me!). After enjoying an amazingly fast cycle ride with a strong tailwind to Kongelunden I was battered by the wind on the exposed coast and after seeing a few Snow Buntings on the shore, and a Jack Snipe on the coastal lagoon, I soon decided it was time to do some woodland birding (purely coincidence that it was sheltered, of course). Good numbers of Redwing, 40+ Waxwings in several groups, an adult male Hen Harrier, a Red Kite and a few Mealy Redpolls (sporting lovely pink breasts) meant it was a good day. But still no Bullfinch... The cycle back was a little more tricky.. I think I could have walked it quicker!

No comments: