Sunday 4 July 2010

Macro

Over the last few months I have almost forgotten that I have a 100mm macro lens in my camera bag.. but it's at this time of year, when insects are at their most active, that a good macro lens offers some great photographic opportunities. On a cycle tour around Vestamager today, the strong sun and relative lack of wind meant that there were plenty of dragonflies, beetles and flies of various sorts on the wing, but noticeably few butterflies. The damselflies around a pond in Kongelunden were very active, foraging, defending territories and mating. If anyone knows the species in these images, please let me know (I think the third and fourth are Common Blue Damselfies)..





1 comment:

Phil Benstead said...

hi terry

3 & 4 are Coenagrion puella (azure damselfly :)

Number 1 is Ischnura elegans

hope the move plans are going well and do not forget to send the specs of your mighty mini-speaker!

p